write my assignment 27364
Technology Powerpoint (30% of final grade)
Objective: Demonstrate your mastery of Course Goals 1 and 2 by:
- Accurately and effectively communicating ideas, information, arguments, and messages to present material in a historical context.
- Investigating and evaluating historical information from global, social and ethical perspectives to guide decision making.
Instructions: Create a presentation with at least a 1000 word speaker notes section (found at the bottom of a slide) citing your sources (which may come from the required course readings, Discussions, and credible outside sources) in your choice of Chicago Style, APA, or MLA, including a Bibliography or Works Cited Section slide. You’ll total of at least 6 slides using imagery not counting the bibliography slide. You may always write beyond this minimum guideline. State which citation style you are using. The 1000 words do not include the Bibliography slide. The 1000 words are to be your analysis. You’ll want to spread out the notes evenly among the presentation so that they match the content of each slide (ex. 200 words per slide), not all together on one slide.
My topic: Women
Trace women in the readings from the ancient world through the 20th century. For the ancient world, prehistory will certainly work, but beginning with the eras of Egypt or classical Greece and Rome will suffice.
With your chosen group of women, trace the technological transformations in their lives and the changes in how they see the universe.
Be sure to address all of the following in the presentation- at least one slide per point. These points and questions overlap and may seem a bit redundant; they are designed to ensure that you explore the power of shifts in knowledge:
- How did your group view the working of the universe, and did how that view change because of changes in the body of knowledge.
- At what points did the universe change for your chosen group of people? How did it change?
- How did changes in knowledge or technology transform their truths?
- How were they affected by the creation of major institutions or changes in their ways of life or the ways others now lived? Did social structures change? If so, how?
- What was now possible (by the end of the readings) for them that had not been before, or conversely what was no longer possible for them as a result of changes in technology and / or knowledge? Trace these changes back to shifts in technology or advances in knowledge.
- Finally and perhaps most importantly, how did technological change affect this group differently from other groups?