4 PEER-REVIEWED RESOURCE
Do not simply report on a criminal justice program that has already been evaluated. The purpose of this Assignment is for your team to select a program and develop a model based on your research and ideas for an assessment. Be creative!
Evaluating new and innovative criminal justice programs, together with applying evaluation methods to ongoing activities, can help make programs and their agencies accountable. It can help distinguish what works from what does not, and in doing so, steer limited resources to the most promising strategies for controlling crime and violence.
Evaluation is built into the problem-solving approaches that are increasingly used by police and other justice agencies in training personnel and providing resources for programs. Finally, evaluation can lend support to effective law enforcement, prevention, and other criminal justice programs. Showing that something works or does not work can overcome the natural tendency of officials to base decisions on arguments presented by simple advocacy.
Introduction: (2–3 paragraphs)
– Describe the program your team has chosen to evaluate and the result of other evaluations conducted (if applicable).
– What is the purpose and intended outcomes?
– How could the findings be used?
Develop a methodology for evaluating the program
– Identify what data will be collected.
– What is the source of data?
– Describe in detail the methods that will be used to collect data (interviews, observations, surveys, other research, and criminal justice data sources).
-Identify Performance Indicators
– Indicators can be qualitative (feelings, perceptions), quantitative (data), or both.
– How will you measure program accomplishments and whether intended outcomes were attained?
– Discuss how the field may benefit from the outcomes of the program evaluation.
Recommendations for future Research
– Identify areas not addressed in your research.
– Discuss types of research needed to better evaluate the efficacy of the program.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.