write my assignment 24392
Case Study: Portugal’s TVI – Media Capital Group
Read the article “Becoming a Broadcasting Leader in 10 Years: A Case Study of Portugal’s TVI – Media Capital Group” from the International Journal on Media Management. Evaluate the success of TVI, the Portuguese broadcaster, in leading the country’s broadcasting market in only ten years.
In your paper:
- Analyze why the acquisition of the Media Capital by the Prisa Group created many advantages.
- Explain diversification strategies as well as growth strategies adopted by TVI.
- Describe TVI’s differentiation strategy and its major competitors.
- Assess TVI’s targeting and segmentation approaches.
- Use the SWOT analysis provided in the case and explain how TVI should develop strategies to successfully face its future challenges (e.g., cable, other technological innovations, telephone companies entering the competition, industry and economic threats, etc.)
Must include an introduction, a well-developed body, and a proper conclusion. Be sure to include a properly formatted reference page.
Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. Related chapters attached.
DEADLINE: Monday, March 18 by 9 a.m. EDT
- Chan-Olmsted, S. M. (2006). Competitive strategy for media firms: Strategic and brand management in changing media markets. Mahwah, N.J. [etc.: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. ISBN: 9780805862119
- Faustino, P. (2007). Becoming a broadcasting leader in 10 years: A case study of Portugal’s TVI-media capital group. JMM: The International Journal On Media Management,(9)4, 151-163. doi 10.1080/14241270701632712
- Slocum, P., & Albarran, A. B. (2006). Strategic planning in local television newsrooms. JMM: The International Journal On Media Management, 8(3), 146-153. doi:10.1207/s14241250ijmm0803_5