1. Detail, in your own words why the parentheses are needed when evaluating 2 + (3*4) or (2*3) + 4.
2. Discuss why -a2 is always negative (a ≠ 0) and why (-a)2 is always positive.
3. Who invented the customary +, -, ×, and ÷ symbols? In what publication did they first appear? We also use the diagonal bar to denote fractions example a/b. Who were the first users of the diagonal bar? From what did the diagonal bar evolve?
4. Why do you think a/0 is not defined?
5. Explain in your own words how you verify and answer in a word problem.
6. Write in your own words the difference between an expression and an equation.
7. What is the procedure to write a number in scientific notation? What are the advantages and disadvantages of writing numbers in scientific notation?
8. Explain the difference between product rule and power rule.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.