According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research one of the listed Fortune 500 companies below.
Use a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a maximum three to five (3-5) minute dynamic video on the topics detailed below, OR you may submit a two to four (2-4) page paper instead of the video submission.
BUS475 Company List
L’Oreal Personal Care Products
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Facebook ***may not be applicable to Week 9 Assignment
Note: If you are using a tablet or smartphone you will need to email the video file to yourself, then save it to a computer in order to upload to Blackboard. You may want to upload your video to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, if your email will not let you send a large video file. Dropbox is accessible from all smartphones and tablets from the Dropbox app.
Once you are ready to upload your video to Blackboard, view the Kaltura video tutorial found in your online course shell (Week 4). Please use the following naming convention in the popup window for your video once it is finished uploading:
Title: Your First Name, Your Last Name – Social Performance of OrganizationsTags: BUS475, Social PerformanceDescription: First Name, Last Name – BUS475 Assignment 1 (Date Uploaded ex. 1-14-2018)
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of three to five (3–5) minutes OR write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
1. Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of your company, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
2. Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
3. Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your company.
4. Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
1. This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) OR APA. The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
2. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: