write my assignment 19868
- Identify the species oxidized, species reduced, and the oxidizing agent and reducing agent for the reactions in this problem.
Al(s) + Zr4+(aq) ⟶ Al3+(aq) + Zr(s)
- From the information provided, use cell notation to describe the following system:
The cathode consists of a gold electrode in a 0.55 M Au(NO3)3 solution and the anode is a magnesium electrode
in 0.75 M Mg(NO3)2 solution.
- An active (metal) electrode was found to lose mass as the oxidation-reduction reaction was allowed to proceed. Was the electrode part of the anode or cathode? Explain.
- For this reaction listed, determine its standard cell potential at 25 °C and whether the reaction is spontaneous at standard conditions.
Mn(s) + Sn(NO3 )2(aq) ⟶ Mn(NO3 )2(aq) + Sn(s)
- Determine the overall reaction and its standard cell potential at 25 °C for this reaction. Is the reaction spontaneous at standard conditions?
Cu(s) │ Cu2+(aq) ║ Au3+(aq) │ Au(s)
- Determine the overall reaction and its standard cell potential at 25 °C for the reaction involving the galvanic cell made from a half-cell consisting of a silver electrode in 1 M silver nitrate solution and a half-cell consisting of a zinc electrode in 1 M zinc nitrate. Is the reaction spontaneous at standard conditions?
- For the standard cell potentials given here, determine the ΔG° for the cell in kJ.
+0.434 V, n = 2
- Determine the standard cell potential and the cell potential under the stated conditions for the electrochemical reactions described here. State whether each is spontaneous or nonspontaneous under each set of conditions at 298.15 K.
The galvanic cell made from a half-cell consisting of an aluminum electrode in 0.015 M aluminum nitrate solution and a half-cell consisting of a nickel electrode in 0.25 M nickel(II) nitrate solution.