In this assignment, students will review the NIST cybersecurity framework and ISO 270001 certification process. In a visual format (such as table, diagram, or graphic) briefly explain the differences, similarities, and intersections between the two. Then, present the following in 750-1,000 words:
- A brief description of the NIST Cybersecurity framework
- A brief description of the ISO 270001 certification process
- The number of controls/sub-controls used in the NIST CSF and ISO 270001 certification process framework to support the protections around computer and cyber forensics
- An explanation as to why organizations should seek this framework and/or certification to base their security program strategy and decisions upon
- An explanation as to why ISO 270001 has rapidly become an industry best practice/standard against which organizations are basing their cybersecurity programs (including value-add, cost, and pros/cons)
Make sure to reference academic or NIST official publications (most current year available via the Internet) or other relevant sources published within the last 5 years.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.