write my assignment 12504
1. Should Nike be held responsible for working conditions in foreign factories that it does not own, but where sub-contractors make products for Nike?
2. Do you wear Nike products? If so why? If no then why and what brand do you prefer? What would you do if you were in a position at Nike to decide whether to continue or review your labor practices in a foreign country?
3. An income of $2.28 a day, the base pay of Nike factory workers in Indonesia, is double the daily income of about half the working population. Half of all adults in Indonesia are farmers, who receive less than $1 a day. Given this, is it correct to criticize Nike for low pay rates for subcontractors in Indonesia?
4. Could Nike have handled the negative publicity over sweatshops better? If you were in charge, what would you have done differently? Not just from the public relations perspective, but also from a policy perspective?
5. Do you think Nike needs to make any changes to its current policy? If so, what? Should Nike make changes even if they hinder the ability of the company to compete in the marketplace?
6. If sweatshops are a global problem, what might be a global solution to this problem?